Terms & conditions and cancellation policy
Terms and Conditions of Parfümerie Douglas GmbH concerning online sales and electronic business transactions conducted via douglas.eu or by telephone for purchases by private customers.
As of: 19 October 2017
Article 1 – Scope
Ordering products and purchasing Douglas vouchers via douglas.eu or by telephone is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Parfümerie Douglas GmbH, Luise-Rainer-Str. 7-11, 40235 Düsseldorf, Germany (telephone: +49 (0) 800 690 690 5, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) as amended at the time the order is placed – unless this would negate consumer protection applicable if your country of residence in Europe is above and beyond the scope of these Terms and Conditions.
You can download and print these Terms and Conditions on your computer. Any provisions deviating from these Terms and Conditions only apply if they are confirmed in writing by us.
Article 2 – Contract conclusion
(1) The information we provide on products and prices within any ordering process is non-binding. By clicking on the “Buy now” button, you place a binding purchase offer that must be accepted by us. The purchase agreement concerning the ordered products only takes effect once we accept your order. We are not obliged to accept your purchase offer.
(2) We accept your order by confirming the shipping of the products or the Douglas voucher by email.
You may not disclose the password required to place an order to third parties. If you do disclose your password, you are liable for orders placed by third parties. You are liable for the payments required for any orders placed using your password.
Article 3 – Terms of revocation
Right of revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract without reason within a period of fourteen days. The revocation period applies for fourteen days following the day on which you or a third party nominated by you – but not the transport courier – took ownership of the products,
if you ordered one or several products in one order and the product or products are delivered in one delivery;
if you ordered several products in one order and the products were delivered separately.
If more than one of the situations described above exists, the revocation period only begins when you or a third party nominated by you – but not the transport courier – takes ownership of the final product, the final part delivery or the final item.
In order to exercise your right of revocation, you must make a clear declaration regarding your decision (in verbal form at least, or preferably also in writing by fax or email) by contacting the following:
Parfümerie Douglas GmbH Nordring 2 59320 Ennigerloh Germany
Telephone number +49 211- 168477999
You may also contact us by post if you wish. You can use the attached sample revocation form for your written declaration, however this is not a requirement.
In order to revoke this contract, the declaration must not necessarily have been received by us within the revocation period but must have been sent before the end of the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this contract, we must reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from you choosing a different delivery method than the standard delivery offered by us) immediately within fourteen days from the date on which your declaration concerning the revocation of this contract was received by us. For the purposes of this reimbursement, we shall use the same method of payment you used in the original transaction, unless otherwise explicitly agreed with you. You will not be charged for any reimbursement.
We are entitled to only reimburse you once we have received the products in question or until you have submitted evidence that you have returned the products, whichever is the earlier.
You must return the products to us immediately or within fourteen days of submitting your declaration concerning the revocation of this contract. You must have sent the products by post within the fourteen-day period in order to meet the deadline.
For the costs of the return, the following applies: You bear the direct costs of returning the products.
You must only bear the costs of the loss of value of the products if this loss of value is due to the products not being handled in an acceptable manner in checking their quality, characteristics or functions.
Sample revocation form (if you would like to revoke this contract, please complete this form and return it to us).
Address to: Parfümerie Douglas GmbH, Nordring 2, 59320 Ennigerloh, Germany email@example.com; +49 211- 168477999 (calls charged at the local rate)
I/we hereby revoke the contract I/we concluded concerning the purchase of the following products (*) / the performance of the following service (*)
-Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
-Name of the customer(s)
-Address of the customer(s)
Signatures of the customer(s) (only in the case of written declarations)
_______________ (*) Delete as applicable
Article 4 – Delivery
(1) Standard deliveries within Europe are sent from our delivery warehouse to the address you specify. Deliveries to PO boxes are not permitted.
We currently ship to France. For shipping to other EU countries please visit our local eCom stores.
For delivery times, please refer to the table below:
7 - 10 days
(4) Public holidays and other holidays have an effect on your delivery and may postpone your delivery by up to two working days following the public holiday.
(5) We reserve the right to make part deliveries to a reasonable extent in consideration of your interests and ours. We bear all additional costs resulting from part deliveries. We also bear the risk associated with part deliveries. The risk associated with the delivered products is transferred to you upon receipt of the part delivery. If we fall into arrears on outstanding part deliveries or we are unable to complete outstanding part deliveries, you are entitled to withdrawal from the entire contract or claim compensation due to non-fulfilment of the contractual obligation if the part delivery is not of interest to you. ------------
Article 5 – Method of payment, discounts, due date, arrears and right of retention
You can pay for orders using the following methods of payment:
(2) Discounts or discount codes (e.g. a voucher with a discount code, a newsletter bonus or a birthday voucher) can only be redeemed at the respective terms and conditions of the promotion. Multiple discounts and discount codes cannot be combined in one order.
Article 6 – Claims for defects
Product images do not always correspond with the appearance of the delivered products. In particular, product appearance and features may have changed after manufacturers update their product ranges.
Statutory rights to claims for defects apply.
Article 7 – Alternative dispute resolution
We will make every effort to find an amicable solution to any differences of opinion under our agreement.
However, we are not obliged to take part in arbitration proceedings and unfortunately cannot offer you such an option either.
Article 8 – Miscellaneous
(1) We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. The latest version of these Terms and Conditions is available at douglas.eu, where they can be downloaded and printed as a PDF file.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to our customers in Germany. Customers resident abroad are subject to the sales law of the country in which the customer has his or her habitual place of residence.
Download these terms and conditions as a PDF